Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Things 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9

Things 8 and 9

The RSS feeds are interesting and I do agree, it is an easier way to keeping up with the latest postings and news. My first lesson on the technology was to actually learn that the 'small orange squiggly square' that always shows up on the sites I visit, was the commonly used symbol of RSS Feeds! If you don't get a chance to explore this more at least look at the 3 minutes demo on this site

Thing 7

Sticking to flickr; I think so the greatest benefactors of the technology are travel enthusiasts like myself. When we are seeking information on good vacation spot, most of that time we're either asking a tourist agent, or relying on some word of mouth from a relative or friend who has been there. Flickr changes that! The pictures give you a wider objective perspective of near and far away places without the embellishments or exaggerations of professional marketeers.

Thing 6

I really enjoyed flickr's photo sharing concept. I was also impressed by the high quality of the personal photos (and the labored and detailed explanations) on there. At first I was a little worried about whether some of the clicks may land me on inappropriate visuals or content, but I have to admit, people can be responsible when they feel like it.

Thing 5

Flickr is really my first stop in this project. I like the idea of creating online albums ; uploading, tagging, and sharing photos online without going through the usual "attach and send". Also, I like the idea that you

1 comment:

elegantlibrarian said...

I have been having a problem opening some of the blogs while others open with ease. Just thought you'd like to know